Saturday 14 June 2008


Recent strong northerly winds brought down this small ash just a few hundred yards from the cottage, so I loaded up the Husqy's, put on my chaps, and set to work. I managed to get aprox 0.6 tonnes, thats 2 traler loads.

Since this pic was taken I have completed the front face to the roof. Two more and I can relax and spend more time in the veg plot and hopefully, FISHING.

The broad bean plants are in flower so should produce some in the next few weeks.

Once the carrots start showing I'll start thinning them.
Baby carrots with butter, salt and pepper, almost as good as sex, but not quite.
The peas are starting to flower also so should have in a few weeks.
Speaking of peas, the 45 acre field at front of the cottage has been planted out with peas. They are'nt the sweet garden variety like mine but make excellent pea and ham soup.
I need some rain.

No comments: