Monday 21 April 2008

This is as far as I intend to go with the raised beds this year. If its a success, and I think it will be, I'll build another four full size and two half size. I have planted onions, shallots, garlic, runner beans, asparagus, carrots, parsnips, swedes, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
There is still lots of space for scallions, lettuce and salad stuff, maybe some herbs.
Biggest success is the garlic. I planted about forty cloves and most were up in a few days. There are also onions and shallots starting to burst through. Its still a wee bit cool at night but hopefully no more frost. The garden centre has six types of tomatoes so I intend to buy some this coming weekend for the greenhouse. I had to replace four panes of glass which were broken because of recent strong winds. Once the temps go into the high teens I will plant some chilli and bell peppers, cucumber and melon.

No comments: